So it was Blue Monday yesterday. Blue Monday is a name given to a day in January reported to be the most depressing day of the year for countries in the Northern Hemisphere. Christmas is just a memory, we often haven’t yet been paid for January and it’s usually raining (apparently!).
Well whilst yesterday didn’t start well, it actually turned out pretty well. It wasn’t raining in the morning and I managed my longest run of the year yet – 6.7 miles. I’ve a way to go until I can run 13 miles again for the half marathon (no 5 on the list) but it is a start!
I also sat down last night to finish off the list of the things I want to do this year (my 40th year) and try and give myself some accountability about it! I’m pretty lucky (OK very lucky) that I’ve ticked off a variety of things that might otherwise be on a bucket list. I’ve travelled a lot, I’ve sky dived, abseiled, visited lots of amazing cities, seen the Northern Lights, been pulled in a boat with dolphins (even if I’ve not swam with them – I was 5 after all) I’ve travelled through Spain from North to South, been to America, Africa and Asia, been to the top of the Eiffel Tower and flown round the world to name a few.
So in no particular order the things that make my bucket list this year my #40Before40 are:
1. Take on a Charity challenge preferably abroad
2. Walk 40k
3. Camp at a Family Friendly Festival with the kids.
4. Stay in a campervan
5. Run a half marathon again.
6. Zip Wire challenge in Snowdonia but do I want to do Velocity or Titan?
7. Swim 100 lengths (I can currently swim 50)
8. Visit the Finland Fjords
9. Party til dawn!
10. Spend a day in a luxury spa, having a lot of treatments!
11. Volunteer at something new
12. Develop board/trustee role – new or old
13. Watch some live music
14. Snorkel or scuba dive
15. Spend a day on a cooking course
16. Eat out at Michelin Star restaurant
17. Go on a city break with the kids
18. Go on a city break with friends or hubby
19. Book Lapland!
20. Complete the photography course I started
21. Read/listen to 40 books
22. Do an outdoor swim
23. Re-visit The Star Inn
24. Get an article published in a paper/online magazine/not my own or a friends.
25. Run 40 miles in one week
26. Own a bicycle and start enjoying a bike ride
28. Get 10k time down to 55 minutes
29. Complete the 30 day plank challenge
30. Eat breakfast whilst watching the sunrise
31. Tea at the Ritz
32. Write a letter to each of the kids for their 18th about being 40.
33. Visit Scotland
34. Have reflexology
35. Swim with sharks
36. Visit Cornwall (3/1/17)
37. Drive abroad
38. Visit Buckingham Palace
39. Learn how to put make up on properly
40. Have a 40th birthday party and only drink champagne!