One of the best things about writing a blog is that lots of lovely people send you things to try out so that you can tell people if you like them. There is great debate over whether these are freebies or whether as a blogger you have to work quite hard to ‘review’ the product and then write about it. To be honest I fall into a camp somewhere in the middle usually as I don’t tend to accept things I don’t think I’ll like, but then I am also lucky enough to write mainly about holidays and days out on Mini Travellers and what’s not to love about a holiday!
I honestly don’t think it is that hard to receive and taste Gin either so if anyone else would like me to try their Gin just let me know!
– Working. I’m loving having more time to write now the Twins are in school 9-3 and starting to think about new challenges.
– Reading. Hired, Fired, Fled – Given my change in career from Lawyer to Blogger this is a fascinating memoir about making it in the 21st century and the things learnt from different jobs and careers.
– Drinking. Cotswold Distillery Gin and Espresso Martini! Absolutely glorious both of them!
– Eating. We had a wonderful meal at Alberts Shed in Manchester on Saturday night with some friends, followed by some Pizza Making at Pizza Express for my birthday on Tuesday with the kids.
– Exercising: I’m loving Spinning at the moment it’s my new thing, although I am in dire need of some sort of cycling shorts! I’ve also just started wearing my new Tom Tom Touch which tells me how many steps I’m doing and how well I’m sleeping etc.
– Wearing. Currently loving my new Hotter grey pixie boots. They are possibly the comfiest boots I have ever had! If I combine these boots with my new Woden trainers from Tessuti, I literally now have the comfiest shoes to take me through Autumn!
– Holidays. Just had a fabulous trip to Cyprus at October Half Term for some rest and relaxation
– Days Out. I’ve just spent a weekend in Leeds with my friends from University as its 20 years since we met! We combined pints in the Union with champagne in Harvey Nichols it was great fun.
NB: A number of these products were sent for me to review or try out, but all views and opinions are always my own!