It’s Spring – well sort of anyway. It did feel like Spring on the 1st March but then we got torrential storms again. Hey ho. Spring is definitely coming anyway!
So what have I been up to!
– Working. I’ve been reflecting this week on how lucky I am to work at home. I might not feel lucky every day, when the girls tell me they would prefer Daddy to be at home, but that’s just because they miss him I hope! However I get to take them to school and pick them up every day and I get to write about what I love all day too.
I spent a day in London last month talking about tourism in Rwanda, a day at a Board Member away day for the Housing Association I work for, and a day talking all things Lapland so the variety is pretty good!
– Reading. I’ve just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver which was hard going at first but then I ended up loving it. For more on where I’m up to in my #40book challenge head over and read my last post.
–Watching. I’ve said before that we tend to binge watch a series rather than watch them every week we have diligently been watching Orphan Black. If you haven’t heard of it, definitely check it out. It’s on Netflix and we’ve both loved it!
– Drinking. Wine wine and more wine. Portugal was a surprise hit for me with wine, I wouldn’t usually think to buy Portuguese wine but I think I might now. Look at this wine bar we went to whilst we were over there
– Eating. I’m a little bit obsessed with avocado at the moment. In salads, in wraps, on its own. I make fajitas just so I can use it. I know its a superfood but I can’t really eat it on everything. Can I?
– Wearing. I’m loving this new Chanel Chance perfume. Sent to me earlier this month by Stena Line it’s been lovely to try out a new scent.
-Home. I’m trying to convince the girls that they need to spend more than ten seconds (or less) cleaning their teeth. I’ve tried getting them to count to 100 but then they say they’ve counted in 10’s – not exactly the idea! Or they are too busy counting they aren’t actually cleaning. So we have all been trying to clean our teeth for the same time whilst I do mine using this new Oral-B Genius toothbrush. There is a phone app which the toothbrush connects with to time your ‘brushing’ for two minutes and it has a position detector too to see if you are brushing all the right bits. I’m not entirely sure the position detector works spectacularly well but I do love the travel case it comes with and the timing bit is very useful indeed! You can also change the heads of the toothbrush so all the family can use it too. I might let mine have a go when they are a little bigger!
Holidays. We have just had a wonderful half term in Lisbon with Martinhal. Full reviews to follow but you can find some snapshots over on Mini Travellers!
– Days Out. We’ve had a few fantastic days out this month here in the UK. We had a lovely day at Ness Gardens finding lots of snowdrops and another great day out with all the family to Speke Hall. Why not check out our video!
NB: A number of these products were sent for me to review or try out, but all views and opinions are always my own!