I knew Riverford Organic did vegetable boxes and I’ve actually had those in the past but I didn’t know they did recipe boxes until I was contacted and asked if we would like to review a box on our girls weekend away in Richmond. You can read about our full weekend on Mini Travellers soon, but I wanted to show you few more photos of what we got and how easy it was to cook (particularly as a few glasses of fizz had been consumed before we started!).
The box we chose was described as “Quick 3 meals for 2 people”. The reference to quick meant that they took under 30 minutes to prepare. I was advised that the meals were substantial (and this was correct) and that we would have had enough for 3 people for 2 nights. The box was delivered straight to the barn we were staying at, and I can highly recommend this as a way to order and cook food over a weekend away, as literally everything you need comes included. Tasty organic home-cooked meals; seasonal organic produce, step-by-step recipe cards and all the ingredients in exact quantities. No waste.
The dry ingredients are separated out in the box by recipe number, the vegetables are on one side and the fridge pack (packed with ice and cold fibres) is again separate so you can simply lift this out and pop it into the fridge. The quality of the ingredients enclosed was obvious the moment you opened the box and started to cook, and it was really easy to know what you had to use due to all the little packets. Not having to measure things out made the process of cooking so much easier.
We decided between us that we would just cook two of the meals on the Friday night and we decided on the Sticky Chorizo Pasta with almonds and the Leek & Stilton tarts. I took responsibility for the Sticky Chorizo Pasta, Julia for the Leek & Stilton Tarts and Sarah for photography and topping up drinks! (It’s an important job!)
Both meals were really quick to make and the handy recipe cards very easy to follow. Our only challenge was finding all the pots and pans in the huge kitchen.
Whilst we all noted that the meals probably included slightly more butter, cheese, cream than we would have used normally, we genuinely all thought both meals tasted fantastic and we really really enjoyed them. So much so I will definitely be making the Sticky Chorizo Pasta again.
We were only staying in the Barn for one night so I took the Lamb and Picallili Rosti ingredients home to make dinner for me and hubby the night after. I didn’t find the rostis as easy to cook (as they fell apart) but the tasted a lot better then they looked!
Prices for the Riverford recipe boxes vary according to the plan that you choose and on how many meals or people it serves. The box we received would cost £39.95 for three meals for two people and I genuinely think this represents real value for money. I would definitely order a box like this again, particularly for a weekend away!
To Win a Riverford Recipe Box like ours why not enter here! Just make sure you live in a Riverford delivery area first!
This competition is open to residents of the UK but the recipe box can only be delivered in a Riverford Delivery Area.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to the Promoter’s mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
• Winners will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
NB: This is a collaborative post and some items have been sent for the purpose of a review.